Explorer Ultralite Zip XL
Explorer Ultralite Zip XL
Designed for anyone up to 113 kg and up to 213 cm tall
Side entrance zipper closure with a strong #8 YKK zipper and two double sliders
The Explorer Ultralite Zip XL has our patented asymmetrical shape and structural ridge line to ensure exceptional comfort and a perfect set up every time.
It also has the same high performance materials, proportions and protection as the smaller Ultralite Backpacker A-sym. If you are really close to 213 cm tall and you want the luxury of extra space, this would be a good choice.
Swap out the standard rainfly for the larger, heavier, polyester Asym Hex Rainfly, at no additional cost using the green Customize button.
- Height Limit: 7' tall / 213 cm
- Weight Limit: 250 lbs / 114 kg
- Packed Weight: 2 lbs 4 oz / 1008 g not including free 3 oz / 84 g webbing straps
- Packed Size: 4" x 8" x 10" / 10 cm x 20 cm x 25 cm
- Hammock Fabric: 70d nylon taffeta, 160 x 90 high thread count
- Bottom Fabric Dimensions: 132" x 59" / 335 cm x 150 cm
- Zipper: Heavy duty black double slider #5 YKK zipper
- Mesh: 20d polyester No-See-Um netting
- Suspending Ropes: Two 10’ / 305 cm, 1500 lb / 680 kg test spectra ropes.
- Webbing Straps: 1.5" / 3.8 cm wide, 42" / 107 cm long polyester
- Rainfly Weight: 11.7 oz / 300 g
- Rainfly Fabric: 30d High Tenacity PU / Silicone coated silnylon 66
- Rainfly Dimensions: A parallelogram short side 72" / 183 cm, Long side 110" / 80 cm, Short diagonal 118" / 300 cm, Long diagonal 136" / 345 cm
- Color: Bark (Greyish, Brownish Green)
- Stuff Sack: Logo and set up instructions printed on ripstop polyester bag 0.6 oz (18 g)
Build Your Own
Now you can mix and match hammock parts for your specific needs. As you will see, sometimes there is only a small price increase to get exactly what you want instead of buying more than you need.
FREE LONGER WEBBING STRAPS: In some areas of the world, longer webbing straps are needed. Our stock webbing straps are 107 cm long which is fine for trees up to 36 cm in diameter. Now you can get a free upgrade to longer 183 cm straps for trees up to 60 cm inches in diameter or 244 cm webbing straps for trees up to 91 cm in diameter.
BIGGEST RAINFLY: You can keep the standard rain fly or get one that is bigger or one that provides the maximum storm protection.
INSULATED DESIGNED FOR EVERY HENNESSY HAMMOCK: Most places in the world, even jungles, require some insulation at night especially at altitude. We offer two choices with different temperature ranges. Both of these systems have insulation pads that are wider and will protect your arms and shoulders much better than the standard tent pad.
All Hennessy Hammocks come complete with attached mosquito netting, detachable rain fly, support ropes, and stuff sack with set up instructions on back. Hennessy Hammock also provides complimentary standard 107 cm long "Tree Hugger" webbing straps to protect the bark of trees. Because these accessory webbing straps are complimentary, they are weighed separately from the hammock.
Need help? Have any questions?
Call us if you need help deciding on the right hammock model for you. We're here between 9 and 5 Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday at 001 250 539 2930 — or email us.
Our handy hammock comparison chart can help you make a decision based on specifications.
Why order from Hennessy Hammock?
- Expert advice
- Legendary service
- Quick replacement & warranty support on the trail
- Free accessories!
- This store ships to the United Kingdom.
- For EU orders please go to our EU store.
- For Canadian orders please go to our Canada store.
- For Australia and New Zealand orders please go to our Australia store.
- All other countries: go to our USA store.
- You can also select your store from the flags at the top of this page.