Deep Jungle Zip XL
Deep Jungle Zip XL
See this great new Deep Jungle review in Men's Journal: "The Hammock You Can Take Anywhere" .
Designed for the buggiest jungles on the planet like Borneo, the Amazon or the Congo, the Deep Jungle is our first double bottom hammock with two layers of tightly woven high tenacity riip stop nylon 66. This model is designed to work with the Radiant Double Bubble Pad XL for hot climates where it can still get chilly at night or at altitude. The pad slips in between the two layers and attaches to the side tie out rings to hold the pad on the correct diagonal. DoubleBubble Pad is available to purchase separately: Radiant Double Bubble Pad XL
Swap out the standard rainfly for the larger, heavier, polyester Asym Hex Rainfly, using the green Customize button.
- Height Limit: 7' tall / 213 cm
- Weight Limit: 300 lbs / 136 kg
- Packed Weight: 3 lbs 2 oz / 1400 g not including free 4 oz / 112 g webbing straps
- Packed Size: 5" x 8" x 12" / 13 cm x 20 cm x 30 cm
- Hammock Fabric: Two layers of 30d Nylon66 with spectra reinforced ripstop
- Bottom Fabric Dimensions: 132" x 59" / 335 cm x 150 cm
- Mesh: 20d Polyester No-See-Um netting
- Zipper: Heavy duty black double slider #8 YKK zipper
- Suspending Ropes: Two 10 ft / 305 cm long, 1800 lb / 818 kg test spectra ropes with polyester cover
- Webbing Straps: 2" / 5 cm wide x 42"/ 107 cm long polyester
- Rainfly Weight: 11.3 oz / 318 g
- Rainfly Fabric: 30d High Tenacity PU / Silicone coated Silnylon 66 ripstop
- Rainfly Dimensions: A parallelogram short side 72"/ 183 cm, Long side 110" / 280 cm, Short diagonal 118" / 300 cm, Long diagonal 136" / 345 cm
- Color: Hammock: Coffee with ripstop pattern Fly: Bark (Greyish, Brownish Green)
- Stuff Sack: Logo and set up instructions printed on ripstop polyester bag 20 g / 0.7oz
Now you can mix and match hammock parts for your specific needs. As you will see, sometimes there is only a small price increase to get exactly what you want.
FREE LONGER WEBBING STRAPS: In some areas of the world, longer straps are need. Our stock webbing strap is 107 cm long which is fine for trees up to 36 cm in diameter. Now you can get a free upgrade to longer 183 cm straps for trees up to 60 cm in diameter or 244 cm webbing straps for trees up to 91 cm in diameter.
BIGGER RAINFLY: You can keep the standard rain fly or get one that is bigger or one that provides the maximum storm protection.
INSULATION DESIGNED FOR EVERY HENNESSY HAMMOCK: Most places in the world, even jungles, require some insulation at night especially at altitude. We offer two choices with different temperature ranges. Both of these systems have insulation pads that are wider and will protect your arms and shoulders much better than the standard tent pad.
All Hennessy Hammocks come complete with attached mosquito netting, detachable rain fly, support ropes, and stuff sack with set up instructions on back. Hennessy Hammock also provides complimentary standard 107 cm long "Tree Hugger" webbing straps to protect the bark of trees. Because these accessory webbing straps are complimentary, they are weighed separately from the hammock.
Need help? Have any questions?
Call us if you need help deciding on the right hammock model for you. We're here between 9 and 5 Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday at 001 250 539 2930 — or email us.
Our handy hammock comparison chart can help you make a decision based on specifications.
Why order from Hennessy Hammock?
- Expert advice
- Legendary service
- Quick replacement & warranty support on the trail
- Free accessories!
- This store ships to the United Kingdom.
- For EU orders please go to our EU store.
- For Canadian orders please go to our Canada store.
- For Australia and New Zealand orders please go to our Australia store.
- All other countries: go to our USA store.
- You can also select your store from the flags at the top of this page.